Industrial Specialist - Bureau of Reclamation
Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States: Visit: www.usbr.gov.
Position is being advertised concurrently under vacancy announcement PH-CF-1318696-14, for all US Citizens and Nationals. If you are interested in applying under both vacancy announcements, you must submit application packages for both.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as an Industrial Specialist. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Great Plains Region, Dakotas Area Office, Rural Water Division, Bismarck, N.D.
For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf.
Promotion to the next grade/salary level is neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Monitors the quantity and quality of water produced by Tribal rural water systems to assure production of adequate and safe drinking water in accordance with the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA).
- Provides on-site technical support to analyze and resolve water treatment and distribution system problems. Recommends and implements operational modifications to improve water treatment and delivery.
- Provides equipment and facility training and trains tribal staff on operation and repair procedures. Reviews Tribal operations and maintenance programs to identify training needs. Assists with training tribal staff to prepare them to take operator certification exams.
- Leads and/or assists with Associated Facility Reviews and other special reviews of rural water system treatment and distribution system facilities to recommend specific facility OM&R items. Prepares reports documenting the review and recommendations.
- For full job description CLICK HERE
Utilities Operator - City of Canton
The Utilities Operator performs a variety of duties involving general operations of water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, storm sewer maintenance, and overall system construction and repair. This individual also responds to emergency situations involving disruptions in City services, snow and ice removal, etc. Must have or be able to obtain Class 1 Water and Wastewater Certifications within 18 months; and Class 2 certifications within 36 months; and Commercial Driver’s License within 6 months. Please click here for a job description.
The job application is available here or at City Hall. Completed applications can be delivered or sent to: City of Canton, 210 North Dakota, Canton, SD 57013. This position will remain open until filled.
The City of Canton is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Office Administrator - Mid-Dakota Rural Water
Mid-Dakota, a Regional Rural Water System, headquartered in Miller, SD is seeking qualified applicants to serve as Office Administrator. A post-secondary degree or diploma in bookkeeping, accounting, human resources or related areas, is desired, but will consider experience in lieu of formal training. Applicants should have broad knowledge in the areas of finance and human resources and be acquainted with a diverse array of office machines and equipment. Computer competency is highly desired and an ability to create and work with Microsoft Word documents and Excel Spreadsheets will be necessary.
Resumes’ are welcome, however a Mid-Dakota application must also be completed. Mid-Dakota offers a competitive wage and benefit package. Starting wage is $16.63 - $18.98 per hour, DOQ. The position will be located in Miller, SD Interested candidates may contact: Mid-Dakota Rural Water System, Inc. - 608 W 14th St. - PO Box 318 - Miller, SD 57362 - (605) 853-3159 - www.mdrws.com. This position will remain open until close of business, March 26, 2015. EOE.