SOUTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL WATER SYSTEMS
To have your job listed on our website and in our weekly JobConnection eNewsletter,
please CLICK HERE. Job postings are free for members of SDARWS.
Water Superintendent - Milford Municipal Utilities, Milford, Iowa
The Superintendent will be responsible for the 1.5 MGD surface water plant and distribution system consisting of 1500 metered customers. The starting salary range is $75,000-$80,000 annually based on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package including vacation, paid holidays, medical leave, health insurance, life insurance, IPERS retirement, 457 plan, medical reimbursement plan, and phone stipend.
Milford Iowa lies on the southern end of the Iowa Great Lakes. Milford is a great place to live with its numerous city parks, great community facilities, a great school system home of the Okoboji Pioneers. MMU is proud to be serving our citizens with reasonable and reliable service since 1909.
• High School diploma
• Iowa Grade 3 treatment/ Grade 2 distribution license or higher.
Interested candidates please submit resume and cover letter to General Manager Eric Stoll at email@example.com. For additional information feel free to call Eric Stoll at 712-338-2401. Position will be open until filled. EOE
Milford is the place to be with its numerous city parks (Buchanan, Calkins, Florence, and Memorial), great community facilities, on the southern end of the Iowa Great Lakes and is referred to as The Gateway to the Iowa Great Lakes. Milford is the place to be with its numerous city parks (Buchanan, Calkins, Florence, and Memorial), great community facilities, a high-standard school system, and home of the Okoboji Pioneers. Milford is a public power community, proudly served by the Milford Municipal Utility (MMU) System. MMU is proud to be serving our citizens reasonable and reliable service since 1909.ol system, and home of the Okoboji Pioneers. Milford is a public power community, proudly served by the Milford Municipal Utility (MMU) System. MMU is proud to be serving our citizens the place to be with its numerous city parks (Buchanan, Calkins, Florence, and Memorial), great community facilities, a high-standard school system, and home of the Okoboji Pioneers. Milford is a public power community, proudly served by the Milford Municipal Utility (MMU) System. MMU is proud to be serving our citizens reasonable and reliable service since 1909.d reliable service since 1909.
Deputy Public Works Director/General Maintenance - City of Eureka
The City of Eureka, an equal opportunity employer, is accepting applications for a full-time Deputy Public Works Director/General Maintenance. Valid driver’s license required. No conviction by any state or federal agency for any crime punishable by imprisonment in a federal or state penitentiary. Appropriate character and behavior traits for public relations. High School graduate or GED certificate required. Experience preferred in heavy machinery operation and knowledge of all city departments and functions in all departments. Must possess or obtain a CDL. Have or ability to get water and sewer certifications by the state of South Dakota. Mosquito spraying certification. Herbicide spraying certification. Pay based upon experience. Position open until filled. Apply at the City of Eureka, PO Box 655, Eureka, SD 57437. Contact the City Office at 605-284-2441 for more information regarding job description and application. Any and all applications may be rejected.
Assistant Manager – Black Hawk Water User District, Black Hawk, SD
Qualified applicants will:
• Minimum requirements possess a high school diploma or equivalent and have previous experience in Administrative related duties
• Possess basic computer skills and be proficient in math and ten key
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge and implementation of the Water User District’s policies and procedures
• Good communication skills in dealing with the public
• Operate and maintain office equipment
• Work as a team member with other employees
• Meet specified or required deadlines
• Communicate effectively with other District employees, both oral and written
• Handle multiple tasks
• Ability to understand service area maps
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Responsibility for daily operations of office: answering phone, opening the mail, etc.
• Responsible for obtaining office supplies as necessary
• Maintaining Customer Service
• Accepting payments, posting payments to accounts, preparing and making bank deposits, processing of customer accounts
• Responsible for obtaining and installing updated mailing information as required for preparing and transmitting bills to printer
• Responsible for the meter reading program: having the hardware ready for the meter reader, loading and uploading of the data, knowledge of the software
Office operations duties include but not limited to:
• Reporting requirements for EPA, DENR, SRF Loans, water quality reports.
• Tracking water consumption and production records
• Accounting software: Quick books, Microsoft Word etc.
• Preparing monthly financial statements and investment reports.
Pay is depending on qualifications. Benefits include health, dental, state retirement, paid vacation, holiday and sick leave.
Referral Instructions: Applications are available at Black Hawk Water User District, 5513 Oak Street, PO Box 476, Black Hawk, SD 57718 or send resume to above address. Only those applicants to be considered will be contacted to schedule an interview. Black Hawk Water User District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
General Manager – Kingbrook Rural Water System, Arlington, SD
Kingbrook Rural Water System is headquartered in Arlington, SD, and seeks a General Manager to provide organizational leadership and oversee all operations and activities of the system! This individual will have full responsibility for the construction, operations, maintenance, administrative, and financial functions of the system. The General Manager will work closely with, and report to, the Board of Directors.
Kingbrook Rural Water System provides water to thousands of residents in eastern South Dakota, several municipalities, as well as customers in a number of counties, including Hamlin, Clark, Kingsbury, Brookings, Lake, Moody, Miner, Beadle, Sanborn and McCook.
Management Responsibilities Include:
• Ensure the continual uninterrupted supply of water to customers
• Seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of water system facilities and equipment
• Maintain compliance with applicable state and federal regulations
• Ensure efficient operations throughout the organization
• Effective management of resources, staff and projects
• Provide opportunities for staff development and performance management
• Assure proper and timely response to service calls
• Implement and enforce safe work programs and practices
• In conjunction with Board and staff, establish and implement water rates and any subsequent adjustments
Board Responsibilities Include:
• Plan and attend Board of Directors meetings; provide information and accountability as required
• Work with the Board to establish and implement strategic goals and plans
• Assure that proper accounting procedures and reporting are followed
• Review and analyze monthly and annual financial statements
• Prepare, present and follow annual budgets and work plans
Administrative Responsibilities Include:
• Investment of available system funds in accordance with approved Board policies
• Sign and execute reports, contracts, applications and other legal documents on behalf of the system
• Approve all operational and capital expenditures within approved budgets
• Consult with engineers and legal counsel as needed
• Oversee publication of newsletters and other communications
• Serve as lobbyist for the organization with legislative and regulatory agencies
• Travel to sites with the service area as needed, and to out-of-area/out-of-state meetings as required
Kingbrook Rural Water System offers strongly competitive compensation (dependent on experience), and benefits.
Benefits include: health, dental and life insurance, long-term disability, supplemental insurance, flex plan, 401(k), paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays and company vehicle.
To be considered, a bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, or related field is desired. A minimum of five years of management experience, preferably in a service or utility industry, is preferred. Experience with financial management and budgeting is important, as are strong communications and organizational skills.
Kingbrook Rural Water System is an equal opportunity employer.
CORPORATE SPONSORS OF SOUTH DAKOTA RURAL WATER
Office Hours: M-F 8:00am - 4:30pm
203 W. Center Street | PO Box 287
Madison, SD 57042
605.556.7219 (p) | 605.556.1497 (f)
301 Seaton Circle | PO Box 815
Spearfish, SD 57783
South Dakota Rural Water is a proud member of the National Rural Water Association
2019 © Copyright All Rights Reserved
SOUTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL WATER SYSTEMS